skip to main content

Martin Luther King Jr. Tech Academy

Integrity, Achievement, Excellence

Martin Luther King Jr. Tech Academy

Integrity, Achievement, Excellence
Registration Procedures & Documents

Registration Procedures & Documents

Parents will need the following items to register any student:
  • Verification of age (one of the following):
  • Birth Certificate
  • Certificate of baptism
  • Passport
  • When none of the above is obtainable, the parent/guardian may provide any other appropriate means of proving the age of the child. (Educational Code 48002).
  • Proof of residence (showing the name and address of the parent/guardian within the district):
  • Property tax payment receipt
  • Rental property contract, lease, or payment receipt
  • Utility service contract, statement, or payment receipt
  • Pay stub
  • Voter registration
  • Correspondence from a government agency 
  • If family is homeless/doubling up please complete the Twin Rivers Residency Questionnaire.
  • Proof of Immunization:
  • Polio – 4 doses; 3 if one dose given on/after 4th birthday (ages 4-6) or 2nd birthday (ages 7-17)
  • DTP – 5 doses; 4 if one dose given on/after 4th birthday
  • MMR – 2 doses, on or after 1st birthday
  • Hepatitis B – 3 doses at any age
  • Varicella – 1 dose; 2 doses (ages 13-17) for transfer students not admitted to California school before July 1, 2001
  • Tdap Booster – 7th grade: 1 dose on/after 7th birthday. 8th-12th grade transfer students from outside of California must meet the requirement.
  • Legal Documentation: If not the legal guardian or custodial parent of the student OR there is a court decision regarding release of information related to custody/restraining orders, please provide:
  • Court Custody Documentation stating specifications
  • Court Order of Placement
  • Educational Guardianship
  • Caregiver /Foster Youth (please complete the Twin Rivers Residency Questionnaire)
  • Academic Records(provide any or all of the following, as applicable):
  • Most recent report card or transcript (for appropriate grade placement)
  • Withdrawal record
  • Name, address and phone number of previous school
  • Special Education information/IEP
  • Other education programs information (e.g.GATE, 504 Plan, English Language Learner, etc.)
Parent will need to complete the following documents prior to enrollment:
  • TRUSD enrollment form (double sided yellow form)
  • TRUSD emergency card (two copies)
  • TRUSD Home language survey
  • TRUSD Free & Reduced Lunch form
  • MLK elective selection form 
    • Students in the RSP/SDC programs assigned Curriculum Support as the elective
    • Students in the EL program assigned Academic ELD as the elective
    • Students accepted into AVID program assigned AVID as the elective
* There may be up to a 24-48 hour delay after submitting enrollment document before a student is issued a schedule.
Change in address, phone number, and/or email

Change in address, phone number, and/or email

Please contact the MAIN OFFICE to keep your child's school record up-to-date.  

    • This very important for the on-going safety of your child while at school.  
    • Additionally, it ensures you receive regular updates about your child's progress approximately every 5 weeks.
    The school record shall include:
    • current residence address
    • current primary parent/guardian name
    • current primary parent/guardian phone number(landline and/or cell phone)
    • current primary parent/guardian email address
    • Two or more emergency contactnames, relationship to the student, current phone number (landline and/or cellphone)